11th International Latgale Graphic Art Symposium
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre invites artists to participate in the 11th International Latgale Graphic Art Symposium reaffirmed that this creative forum remains the most significant international event in the graphic medium held in the Latgale Region. The symposium is produced by the SIVIA association. Over the years, this creative forum has brought together more than a hundred graphic artists from thirty-five countries. Today, it continues to revitalise the graphic medium in Daugavpils and raise the international visibility of Latgale through various printmaking activities, drawing new visiting artists to the region and maintaining other kinds of targeted efforts that keep shaping Latgale into an excellent space for creative work with an attractive international profile.
Place and time of the symposium: Daugavpils, Latvia, March 10 – 24, 2023
Participants of the symposium: 10 professional artists will take part in the symposium. The selection of participants will be competition-based, taking into consideration the submitted materials (application form, CV, portfolio – visual information which meets the below mentioned requirements).
- Covering of the residence expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Studios (several artists may work in one studio);
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Publicity opportunities (possibilities to present artists’ creative works; information in mass media; a symposium catalogue);
- Recreation (tours around the city and surroundings, visits of art and culture institutions of Daugavpils);
- Final symposium exhibition (opening on March 24, 2023).
- Covering of the travel expenses to Daugavpils and back;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of at least two artworks created during the symposium to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre.
To apply for Symposium, applicant has to complete application form below till January 31, 2023. Applications submitted after January 31, 2023 will not be considered.
The Symposium Jury will consider the applications, and selected artists will receive invitations to participate in the Symposium after February 5, 2023. The invited participants should confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation.