5TH INTERNATIONAL TEXTILE AND FIBER ART SYMPOSIUM
November 6-16, 2018, Daugavpils, Latvia
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre invites artists to apply for the V International Textile and Fiber Art Symposium organized within the frame of Rothko Centre’s residence program. The Symposium will take place in Daugavpils fortress, which is the monument of cultural heritage. It is characterized not only by significant historical facts, but also by interesting streets, courtyards and people. The interior of the fortress is planned by the traditional samples of military cities – there is a main square in the center, surrounded with administrative buildings and residential quarters. The unique architecture of the fortress creates a colorful world and special atmosphere on the bank of the Daugava River.
Place and time of the Symposium: Daugavpils, Latvia, November 6 – 16, 2018
Participants of the Symposium: 10 professional textile artists will take part in the symposium. The selection of participants will be competition-based, taking into consideration the submitted materials (application form, CV, and visual information which satisfies the below mentioned requirements).
Selection committee of the symposium participants:
- Baiba Priedīte – artist, symposium curator
- Laima Oržekauskienė (Artist, Professor, Kaunas Biennial (Lithuania)
- Pēteris Sidars – artist (Latvia)
- Julie Abijanac – artist (USA)
- Raija Jokinen – artist (Finland)
- Covering of residence expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Studios (several artists may work in one studio);
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Publicity opportunities (possibilities to present artists’ creative works; information in mass media; a symposium catalogue);
- Recreation, tours around the city and surroundings, visits of art and culture institutions of Daugavpils)
- Final symposium exhibition (opening on November 16, 2018).
- Covering of travel expenses to Daugavpils and back;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of at least two artwork created during the symposium to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre.
To apply for Symposium, applicant has to complete ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM till March 31, 2018. Applications submitted after March 31, 2018 will not be considered.
The Symposium Jury will consider the applications, and selected artists will receive invitations to participate in the Symposium after April 20, 2018. The invited participants should confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation.
Contact person: Baiba Priedite