CERAMIC LABORATORY – 7TH INTERNATIONAL CERAMIC ART SYMPOSIUM
July 12-26, 2019, Daugavpils, Latvia
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre and Latvian Centre for Contemporary Ceramics invite artists to participate in the 7th International Ceramic Art Symposium CERAMIC LABORATORY.
15 artists are invited to participate in the Symposium. Within the framework of the CERAMIC LABORATORY, inspired by Latvian nature, cultural space and personal experience, participants will create unique ceramic artworks. In this symposium, artists are invited to abandon their usual principles, images and forms of creative activity and to indulge in experiments, thus finding new ways and means of complementing their creative work in the future. The Symposium’s program will be supplemented by lectures and workshops, so we invite artists to propose a lecture and / or workshop while applying for the Symposium.
Aim of the Symposium: To experiment and to create unique contemporary ceramic artworks, developing an international communication platform in the field of ceramic art.
Place and time of the symposium: July 12 – 26, 2019, Daugavpils, Latvia
Māris Čačka – artist, art-director at Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre
Toru Kurokawa – artist, Japan
Alena Muhina – artist, Russia
Mudita Bhandari – artist, India
Eglė Einikytė-Narkevičienė – artist, Lithuania
Zinaida Blyzniuk – artist, Ukraine
Nizam Orcun Onal – artist, Turkey
Dawid Żynda – artist, Poland
Zsófia Karsai – artist, Hungary
Andreas Vormayr – artist, Austria
- Residency expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Working place;
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Recreation, tours around the city and surroundings, visits to art and culture institutions of Daugavpils;
- Symposium opening exhibition;
- Final symposium exhibition.
- Covering of the travel expenses to and from Daugavpils;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of an artwork from the opening exhibition to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre;
- Donation of at least two ceramic artworks created during the symposium.
To apply for Symposium, applicant has to complete ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM until March 30, 2019.
The Symposium Jury will consider the applications, and selected artists will receive invitations to participate in the 7th International Ceramic Art Symposium after April 30, 2019. The invited participants should confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation.