GRAPHIC ART SYMPOSIUM (OCTOBER 17-28, 2016)
5th International Latgale Graphic Symposium
October 17-28, 2016, Daugavpils
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre and the Art Teachers’ Union invite artists to participate in the 5th International Latgale Graphic Symposium organized in the framework of Rothko Centre’s Residence Program.
The Graphic Symposium is meeting, discussion and creative work within the cultural space of Latgale, which unites similarly and differently thinking and working graphic artists from Latvia and abroad.
Aim of the symposium: To create unique contemporary graphic artworks, developing an international communication platform in the field of graphic art.
Place and time of the symposium: Daugavpils, Latvia, October 17-28, 2016
Participants of the symposium: 11 professional artists will take part in the symposium. The selection of participants will be competition-based, taking into consideration the submitted materials (application form, CV, and visual information which satisfies the below mentioned requirements).
Selection committee of the symposium participants:
- Māris Čačka – artist, symposium curator, Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre
- Valentīns Petjko – artist, art theorist, Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre
- Ieva Nagliņa – artist, president of CHAMBER OF GRAPHIC ART
- Nele Zirnīte – artist, president of Etching Guild
- Alberto Balletti – artist, professor (Italy)
- Vaidotas Janulis – artist, professor (Lithuania)
- Milos Djordjevic – artist (Serbia)
- Covering of the residence expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Studios (several artists may work in one studio);
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Publicity opportunities (possibilities to present artists’ creative works; information in mass media; a symposium catalogue);
- Recreation, tours around the city and surroundings, visits of art and culture institutions of Daugavpils);
- Final symposium exhibition (opening on October 28, 2016).
- Covering of the travel expenses to Daugavpils and back;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of at least two artwork created during the symposium to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre.
Applications have to be submitted electronically to e-mail email@example.com till March 7, 2016
- APPLICATION FORM (Download);
- Presentation materials on artistic activity: portfolio (at least 7 images of artworks created during previous 3 years). Other informative materials in electronic format can be attached (catalogues, postcards etc.)
The symposium organizers will consider applications and send invitations to the 5th International Latgale Graphic Symposium till March 15, 2016.
Applications submitted after March 7, 2016 will not be assessed.
Confirmation of participation:
The invited participants confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation, but no later than March 20, 2016