PHOTOGRAPHY SYMPOSIUM (APRIL 17-24, 2016)
I International Photography Symposium
April 17 – 24, 2016 in Daugavpils, Latvia
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre in collaboration with foundation „FotoForma„ invites artists to apply for the I International Photography Symposium organized within the frame of Rothko Centre’s residence program. International Photography Symposium provides discussion and creativity connection format. The vision of the Symposium explain similar and different thinking ways and working in different countries photographer experience and creativity of Latgale cultural space.
Aim of the Symposium is to develop image creation and make useful competencies in any photos visual language sector and an opportunity to create a unique photo works.
Place and time of the Symposium: April 17 – 24, 2016 in Daugavpils, Latvia.
Participants of the Symposium: 11 professional photography artists will take part in the Symposium. The selection of participants will be competition-based, taking into consideration the submitted materials (application form, CV, and visual information which satisfies the below mentioned requirements).
Selection committee of the symposium participants:
- Vilnis Auziņš – photography researcher, photographer, chairman of the board of „FotoForma„, symposium curator
- Māris Čačka – artist, representative of Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre
- Alnis Stakle – artist, director of photography study program at Rīga Stradiņš University
- Solvita Zariņa – artist, digital art researcher, lecturer, Assistant Professor at Faculty of Computing of University of Latvia
- Harijs Daina Liepiņš – visual communication specialist, photographer, member of the board of „FotoForma„
- Covering of residence expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Studios (several artists may work in one studio);
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Publicity opportunities (possibilities to present artists’ creative works; information in mass media; a symposium catalogue);
- Recreation, tours around the city and surroundings, visits of art and culture institutions of Daugavpils)
- Final symposium exhibition (opening on April 24, 2016).
- Covering of travel expenses to Daugavpils and back;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of at least two artwork created during the symposium to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre.
Applications have to be submitted electronically to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org till March 7, 2016
- APPLICATION FORM (Download);
- Presentation materials on artistic activity: portfolio (at least 7 images of artworks created during previous 3 years). Other informative materials in electronic format can be attached (catalogues, postcards etc.)
The symposium organizers will consider applications and send invitations to the I International Photography Symposium till March 15, 2016.
Applications submitted after March 7, 2016 will not be assessed.
Confirmation of participation:
The invited participants confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation, but no later than March 20, 2016