International Painting Symposium “Silva Linarte 2022”
April 22 – May 6, 2022, Daugavpils
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre invites artists to participate in the International Painting Symposium “Silva Linarte 2022” organized in the framework of Rothko Centre’s Residence Program.
Aims of the Symposium:
- To recognize the artistic heritage of Silva Linarte.
- To foster interest in Daugavpils creative environment.
- To increase the collection of Art Centre by artworks of symposium participants.
Place and time of the symposium: Daugavpils, Latvia, April 22 – May 6, 2022
Participants of the symposium: 6 professional artists will take part in the symposium. The selection of participants will be competition-based, taking into consideration the submitted materials (application form, CV, and visual information which meets the below mentioned requirements).
- Covering of the residence expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Studios (several artists may work in one studio);
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Publicity opportunities (possibilities to present artists’ creative works; information in mass media; a symposium catalogue);
- Recreation (tours around the city and surroundings, visits of art and culture institutions of Daugavpils);
- Final symposium exhibition (opening on May 6, 2022).
- Covering of the travel expenses to Daugavpils and back;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of at least two artworks created during the symposium to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre.
To apply for Symposium, applicant has to complete ONLINE APPLICATION FORM till March 1, 2022. Applications submitted after March 1, 2022 will not be considered.
The Symposium Jury will consider the applications, and selected artists will receive invitations to participate in the Symposium after March 14, 2022. The invited participants should confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation.