April 13 – 20, 2018, Daugavpils, Latvia
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre in collaboration with foundation „FotoForma„ invites artists to apply for the 2nd International Photography Symposium organized within frames of Rothko Centre’s residence program. International Photography Symposium provides discussion and creativity connection format.
Place and time of the Symposium: April 13 – 20, 2018, Daugavpils, Latvia.
Participants of the Symposium: 6 professional photography artists will take part in the Symposium. The selection of participants will be competition-based, taking into consideration the submitted materials (application form, CV, and visual information which satisfies the below mentioned requirements).
Selection committee of the symposium participants:
- Vilnis Auziņš – photography researcher, photographer, chairman of the board of „FotoForma„, symposium curator
- Māris Čačka – artist, representative of Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre, symposium co-curator
- Alnis Stakle – artist, director of photography study program at Rīga Stradiņš University
- Solvita Zariņa – artist, digital art researcher, lecturer, Assistant Professor at Faculty of Computing of University of Latvia
- Harijs Daina Liepiņš – visual communication specialist, photographer, member of the board of „FotoForma„
- Covering of residence expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Studios (several artists may work in one studio);
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Publicity opportunities (possibilities to present artists’ creative works; information in mass media; a symposium catalogue);
- Recreation, tours around the city and surroundings, visits of art and culture institutions of Daugavpils)
- Final symposium exhibition (opening on April 20, 2018).
- Covering of travel expenses to Daugavpils and back;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of at least two artworks created during the symposium to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre.
The ONLINE APPLICATION FORM has to be submitted electronically till March 1, 2018.
The symposium organizers will consider applications and send invitations to the 2nd International Photography Symposium till March 10, 2018.
Applications submitted after March 1, 2018 will not be assessed.
Confirmation of participation:
The invited participants should confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation, but no later than March 20, 2018