July 20 – August 3, 2018, Daugavpils, Latvia
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre and Latvian Centre for Contemporary Ceramics invite artists to participate in the 6th International Ceramic Art Symposium CERAMIC LABORATORY.
15 artists (10 international and 5 Latvian) are invited to participate in the Symposium. Within the framework of the CERAMIC LABORATORY, inspired by Latvian nature, cultural space and personal experience, participants will create unique ceramic artworks. The Symposium’s program will be supplemented by lectures and workshops, so we invite artists to propose a lecture and / or workshop while applying for the Symposium. While selecting Symposium participants, preference will be given to those applicants who, along with the creative work, have a lecture and / or workshop proposal.
Aim of the Symposium: To create unique contemporary ceramic artworks, developing an international communication platform in the field of ceramic art.
Place and time of the symposium: July 20 – August 3, 2018, Daugavpils, Latvia
Māris Čačka – artist, art-director at Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre
Ray Chen – artist, Taiwan/USA;
Dorothea Nold – artist, Germany;
Christa Steinmetz – artist, Germany;
Viviane Diehl – artist, Brazil;
Christina Bunk – artist, Germany;
Rosana Tagliari Bortolin – artist, Brazil;
Annakatrin Kraus – artist, Germany/USA;
Jacomijn Steen – artist, The Netherlands;
Snježana Pokos-Vujec – artist, Croatia.
- Residency expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Working place;
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Recreation, tours around the city and surroundings, visits to art and culture institutions of Daugavpils;
- Symposium opening exhibition;
- Final symposium exhibition.
- Covering of the travel expenses to and from Daugavpils;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of an artwork from the opening exhibition to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre;
- Donation of at least two ceramic artworks created during the symposium.
To apply for Symposium, applicant has to complete ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM until April 15, 2018.
The Symposium Jury will consider the applications, and selected artists will receive invitations to participate in the 6th International Ceramic Art Symposium after May 15, 2018. The invited participants should confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation.