III International Textile Art Symposium
October 4 – 14, 2016 in Daugavpils, Latvia
Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre invites artists to apply for the III International Textile Art Symposium organized within the frame of Rothko Centre’s residence program.
The Symposium will take place in Daugavpils fortress, which is the monument of cultural heritage. It is characterized not only by significant historical facts, but also by interesting streets, courtyards and people. The interior of the fortress is planned by the traditional samples of military cities – there is a main square in the center, surrounded with administrative buildings and residential quarters. The unique architecture of the fortress creates a colorful world and special atmosphere on the bank of the Daugava River.
Place and time of the Symposium: Daugavpils, Latvia, October 4 – 14, 2016
Participants of the Symposium: 11 professional textile artists will take part in the symposium. The selection of participants will be competition-based, taking into consideration the submitted materials (application form, CV, and visual information which satisfies the below mentioned requirements).
Selection committee of the symposium participants:
- Viktorija Kozlovska – symposium curator
- Baiba Priedīte – artist, symposium curator
- Pēteris Sidars – artist (Latvia)
- Julie Abijanac – artist (USA)
- Raija Jokinen – artist (Finland)
- Covering of residence expenses in Daugavpils (catering, accommodation);
- Studios (several artists may work in one studio);
- Basic materials and tools for work;
- Publicity opportunities (possibilities to present artists’ creative works; information in mass media; a symposium catalogue);
- Recreation, tours around the city and surroundings, visits of art and culture institutions of Daugavpils)
- Final symposium exhibition (opening on October 14, 2016).
- Covering of travel expenses to Daugavpils and back;
- Specific materials and tools for work;
- Donation of at least two artwork created during the symposium to Daugavpils Mark Rothko Art Centre.
Applications have to be submitted electronically to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org till March 7, 2016
- APPLICATION FORM (Download);
- Presentation materials on artistic activity: portfolio (at least 7 images of artworks created during previous 3 years). Other informative materials in electronic format can be attached (catalogues, postcards etc.)
The symposium organizers will consider applications and send invitations to the III International Textile Art Symposium till March 15, 2016.
Applications submitted after March 7, 2016 will not be assessed.
Confirmation of participation:
The invited participants confirm their participation within 5 days after receiving the invitation, but no later than March 20, 2016